- Medical Plan with Vision, Pharmacy and Dental provisions
- Life and AD&D Insurance Program
- Company Paid Holidays
Set-up, adjust and operate shop CNC machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up, adjust and operate shop machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work
- Operate CNC machining equipment, and a variety of supporting equipment to perform a series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements.
- Work from detailed and involved drawings and specifications. Machine types to include CNC Vertical Mills & CNC Horizontal boring bars, assorted manual machines, special purpose machines, etc.
- Work can range from smaller less complicated work to large and expensive work or smaller work of complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish.
- Lay out and self-inspect workmanship.
- Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and perform complex inspection of machining specifications and criteria.
- Knowledge of deburring techniques and ability to operate a variety of deburr and finishing equipment.
- Active and integral participation in machining improvement Kaizens / Lean efforts
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision.
Must adhere to safety standards.
Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) and light preventative maintenance duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Machining Experience
- Requires knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
- Solid understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, fixture and gage design/application.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and production software.
- Requires knowledge of materials, tooling & fixturing application, ability to adapt tooling, fixturing and attachments for special work requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to quality standards, criteria, and drawing specification.
- Must display a strong “sense of urgency” and can do approach and possess a passion for reducing costs
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or 10-50 pounds while moving product or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Protective Clothing Required: Safety glasses, steel-toe shoes
Work is performed in a shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration, The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.View Full Job Posting