- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Flex Spending plans (medical and dependent care)
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-paid holidays
Set-up, adjust and operate CNC machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate CNC machining equipment, including vertical mills, horizontal lathes, horizontal boring bars, assorted manual machines, and a variety of supporting equipment, in order to perform a series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements
- Work from detailed drawings and specifications
- Produce smaller, less complicated parts to larger, costly parts with complicated features having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish
- Lay out and inspect workmanship
- Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and perform inspection of machining specifications and critical features
- Participate in machining improvement and Lean Manufacturing efforts
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision.
Must adhere to safety standards.
Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) and light preventative maintenance duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum 6 years of progressive machining experience
- Knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory
- Understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, fixture and gage design/application
- Knowledge of materials, tooling & fixturing application, ability to adapt tooling, fixturing and attachments for special work requirements
- Knowledge of deburring techniques and ability to operate a variety of deburr and finishing equipment
- Ability to adhere to quality standards, criteria, and drawing specification
- Strong sense of urgency and can-do approach, with a passion for reducing costs
- Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with employees and management
- 10 years of progressive machining experience
- Knowledge of MasterCam and/or CAMWorks software