Performs setup and all position welding on a variety of cylinder & baler fabrications etc. in accordance with code certifications, alignment, dimensional and general inspection requirements. Weld processes include: GMAW, TIG and Brazing. In addition, this position supports the machine and assembly processes to meet production goals.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, process sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine welding requirements, setup procedures, control settings, methods and sequences.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures fixtures (where applicable) and workpiece on table or machine.
- Calculates and sets machine controls in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as temperature and feed.
- Prepares all material surfaces prior to welding, ensuring there are no defects, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Starts machine and monitors machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Inspect completed welds for visible defects that would affect product quality.
- Uses various gages, rulers, squares, levels and templates.
- Stops machine to change wire and setup per required welding sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions of out-of-tolerance welding.
- Work subject to final inspection and testing.
- Recognize, report and work closely with production, engineering and quality personnel to correct errors
- Recommends tooling / fixturing applications and operational sequences to assist in developing practical procedures for new and unusual welding requirements
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Assists in assembly areas and machine operations based on production needs
- Cleans machines, tooling, and parts
- Performs required Total Preventative Maintenance duties.
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision.
Must adhere to safety standards
Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Associate’s Degree preferred, Welding certificate, minimum 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AWS D1.1 or D14.3/D14.3M Certification
- Knowledge of welding principles and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in fluid power manufacturing
- Experience with CNC and Lathes preferred
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions required in manufacturing setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Previous crane/hoist experience.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all parts, parts handling and quality control requirements.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or 10-50 pounds while moving product or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Protective Clothing Required: Safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, welding apron/gloves, welding helmet, face shields.
Work is performed in a shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration, The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.